Day 7: 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (LEGO 60063)

I missed Day #5 because of work and had to do double duty yesterday in order to catch up.  Happily, today is no problem and I'm right on schedule!

Day #7 of the 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar gives us a plastic bag containing 17 pieces (which is the second most pieces for any one day behind only yesterday's fruit & veggie stand)!

The build for today was actually quite tricky because the little picture on the inside of the Advent Calendar flap showed the model from the outside of the window.  Unfortunately, the real detail is what is behind the window - so I did my best based on what I thought the image showed.

No matter, the basic idea for today's build is that you are building a window display for (I presume) either a store or a house.

To me, it look sort of like a jewelry store's display with the gems and the goblet.  You could even imagine the green cherries are actually earrings I guess.  Today's package comes with two extra pieces including another white cheese slope and an extra green cherry piece (which is awesome to get)!

The window display adds a bit more structure to the Advent scene - and I have a feeling we'll be getting a robber (and a cop) soon so that there is someone to steal those gems!

Comments