2016 LEGO City Advent Calendar (60133): Week 1 Review

For my birthday (which is in November) this year, my brother and his wife gave me the new 2016 LEGO City Advent Calendar.  I was excited for the gift because I definitely enjoyed the 2014 LEGO City Advent Calendar (which was also a gift from my brother that year).

Unlike in 2014 when I had more free time, I (obviously) have not shown off every single day's calendar contents on the blog this year.  Instead, I figured I would show off the first week's worth of builds in a single post. That ended up being a good choice since two of the days' builds went together to create a full snowmobile (the one day had you just build the plow).

This year's Calendar theme seems to be firefighters - something you'll notice on the very first day when you build a snowman and stick a firefighter's helmet on it!

I didn't get the Calendar in 2015, but in 2014 the theme was definitely cops & robbers.  It works for me because the more "Christmas-y" stuff ends up in my season winter village display while the more "City" stuff ends up in my custom LEGO city display.  Either way, I can pretty much use everything I get in the calendar!

Overall, I'd say the first week of the Calendar was a success.  Most of the mini builds were quite satisfying - the only truly weak build was the "trumpet" that the one firefighter is holding.  It doesn't look like a trumpet - and I think LEGO would have been better served to include one of their many molded instrument pieces instead.  I do like the green wreath piece - I can never get enough of those for my holiday village!

I'm certainly looking forward to the next week's worth of builds - and hopefully by the end of Advent I'll have another big batch of things to add to my respective city builds!

Comments