My Custom City: Custom Arcade Games

I mentioned a few days ago that I was planning on updating my custom LEGO City with a full-fledged amusement park area.  I figured what good is an amusement park if it doesn't have at least a couple of arcade games?  I don't have a lot of space in my "man cave" where I hold my LEGO City, so my arcade won't be all that big - but I think it will work out fine with what I've done.

I ended up making two of my own arcade game consoles.  The first is a green game that's a treasure hunt of sorts.

I should probably come up with a proper name for each of my two arcade games, but as of now I haven't given that much thought.  I do know that this game requires a single joy stick and a large button for "action" commands.

And the second is a heart themed game, probably aimed (stereotypically) at girls though I'm sure LEGO boys will like it too.

As you can (hopefully) see, I tried to make both arcade cabinets similar, yet distinct.  They are the same height though, and close to the same width which means they look natural sitting side-by-side.
This was a poorly taken photo, the console doesn't "tip" like it appears to here.  Sorry.

The heart game requires a pair of joysticks - and it's housed in a slightly slimmer cabinet.

When building these, I was severely limited by the pieces that I currently own.  In fact, I only had two 2x2 tiles with a design on them (hence the two games that I made).  I would have liked to have the "siding" be a little more seemless, but otherwise I think the two arcade games came out alright for my first attempt!

Comments