Another LEGO Minifigure Swap!

Last year, I wondered if the Swapfig website that I use for most of my LEGO minifigure trading was going to be closing down for good.  Happily, at least as of this February, the site is still up and running.  That's great news since it means that I might yet be able to rid myself of my duplicate minifigures and replace them with figures that I need from the various sets that I'm still working on.

As luck would have it, this past month I was able to do just that.  I turned an unwanted, duplicate figure into something I needed.  Not just anything, a minifigure from way back in Series 2.

That's the vampire and he was one of about nine (now eight) minifigs that I needed from Series 2 (which only has 16 minifigures in it in total I might add).  I'm always pleased to be able to nab an older figure given that they are kind of tough to come by these days!

Series 2 of the Collectible Minifigure line is definitely one of my least favorite series (which is probably why I haven't traded for many from this series yet).  In my opinion, there aren't a lot of stand out characters.  Even worse, many of the figures have since appeared in other collectible minifigure series which makes their older versions less desirable (at least to me).  At least the vampire has a cool cape piece and nice torso printing.  The white hands a nice touch as well.

Here's the rest of Series 2 if you are curious what the full thing looks like:

For the record, I'm still missing half of them including:

  • Spartan
  • Surfer
  • Pop Star
  • Mime Artist
  • Lifeguard
  • Jungle Explorer
  • Ringmaster
  • Pharaoh

The Pharoah is still a "must acquire" minifigure for me as I love Egyptian lore.  The Spartan is the other one that I definitely want to get at some point as I also love Greek lore.  The remaining minifigures that I need are simply kind of boring.  I mean, don't get me wrong, I won't turn them down in a trade but I'm also not going crazy trying to acquire them all at the moment.  After all, there are still a ton of minifigures I need from across the entire collectible line-up, I definitely have to pick and choose which ones to target!

Comments

  1. I think the vampire is the coolest figure in the series... although I'd probably chase down the karate and/or skier guys personally.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment