A Look Back: 1990 LEGO Magazine (Castle - AKA the Best of the LEGOLAND)

We last looked at the beautiful spread of Pirates sets from the 1990 LEGO Magazine. 

Today, we flip the page (literally) to an even more beautiful spread for the Castle line of sets.

The left-hand page features the vast majority of the actual sets that were available in 1990 including the amazing looking Black Monarch's Castle.  I remember pining after that set throughout my entire childhood.  That said, I don't actually ever recall seeing the set available for purchase in a store near (not that I would have had the required cash anyhow).

As a kid, I loved the Castle line and the Space line of sets the most but surprisingly I didn't own many of the Castle sets from 1990.  In fact, I only had 6103:  Castle Mini Figures.  I think my brother had 6018:  Battle Dragon but that's it for him as well.

Since that time though, I have added one more set from this page to my actual collection - LEGO 6071:  Forestmen's Crossing.  I loved the Forestmen faction that most as a kid, so much so that I actually sought out a couple of their sets to buy from eBay as an adult.

Speaking of sets that I've bought, I also purchased LEGO 6054:  Forestmen's Hideout from eBay so now I can say that I'm the proud owner of three sets on this wonderful castle spread.  And yes, I'd be remiss if I didn't make specific mention of that awesome LEGO display of Forestmen looting the castle while being scared off by the glow-in-the-dark ghost!

From one favorite theme to another, next time we'll take a look at the various Space factions from 1990!

Comments

  1. I love the Castle and Pirates lines from LEGO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. I'm 47 years old... but I would so love to build a custom castle out of all of these sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment