The Last of the Series 19 LEGO Collectible Minifigures

I have to admit that I've gotten myself distracted with 1,000 other things and so my LEGO blog has kind of fallen off pace a bit.  In all actuality, I've been doing quite a bit with LEGO lately - especially given that the coronavirus is still mostly keeping me at home with my two-year-old son!  Unfortunately, despite all that I've done I haven't been good at documenting (or photographing) my work.  

It's not all doom and gloom on the blogging front though because I do have the last of the Series 19 LEGO Collectible Minifigures to show off and review.  Back at the end of March 2020, I showed off a bunch of the figures but now it's time to finally give the last six minifigs a chance to shine!

Without further delay, let's get to the figures!

First up, the Dog Sitter.

This lovely figure comes with a pair of dogs, a shovel, and yes...doggie poop.  As a dog lover, the Dog Sitter (or more like Dog Walker if you ask me) is one of my favorite minifigures in Series 19.  

Next, the Mountain Biker.

I have to admit, I was surprised when I saw the Mountain Biker on the checklist since the bike piece is so large (and incredibly easy to feel for and find in a blind pack).  In some ways, this figure feels bigger than it really is thanks to the Bike piece but ultimately you only get the bike as an accessory and nothing else so I guess it balances out.

Speaking of the bike, I love the blue color with the yellow wheels.  The combined helmet/hair piece is also very nice.  All things considered, this is another great figure from Series 19.

Moving along, we find the Bear Costume Guy.

I'm guessing this little fella is supposed to be some sort of homage to the Care Bears of years gone by?  I was never really into Care Bears as a kid and I can't say this figure does much for me now either.  I guess the rainbow (printed) tile could be useful for other builds but otherwise this one gets a nothing more than a *yawn* out of me.

The Bear Costume Guy isn't the only costumed character in the set as we also had the Pizza Guy (shown off in a previous post) and now the Fox Costume Girl.

The Fox Costume Girl comes with a sack and a chicken, perfect items for the classic fox in the hen house heist.  While I do like this figure quite a bit, it's worth mentioning that it took me forever to finally track this lady down.  She was the final minifig that I needed from the set and it's her that has caused me to delay my final post showing off all the minifigures from Series 19 until now!

The penultimate figure to show off is the Gardener.

The Gardener lady looks like a grandma and she comes complete with purple hair, a flamingo, and a couple of flower stems (but no flower pieces to go into the stems).  For me, this figure is definitely worthwhile simply for that adorable flamingo.

And we end our look at Series 19 with the Galactic Bounty Hunter.

This dude dressed in all black is another one of my favorites from Series 19.  I don't know his whole backstory but to me he reminds me a lot of a Blacktron character and I could see easily slotting him into some play stories with my old Blacktron sets.

Also worth noting with this figure is the trans-red piece with the wanted poster on it:  Wanted "built or broken" with the classic LEGO smiley face on the poster. 

And with that, we've finished off the Series 19 minifigures.  Of course, by now I imagine many people have moved onto Series 20 which has been released (I think?) but I haven't seen any in my neck of the woods (in no small part because I haven't ventured into my local Wal-Mart in weeks and that's the only local place I have to buy new LEGO).  

Truthfully, I haven't even looked at the checklist yet for Series 20 so I'll have to withhold my thoughts on the series until I do so.  For now, I'll be content to put the figures from Series 19 up on my display shelves!

Comments

  1. The dog sitter is fantastic! My favorite of the six by far. Now that I'm on summer break, I think the first thing I do after I clean out my office will be to sit down at my desk and build one of the Lego sets I have laying around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you show it off on the blog! And yes, the dog sitter is wonderful. I may need to track down another copy of it for my collection / city layout.

      Delete

Post a Comment