More Series 19 Collectible LEGO Minifigures

Back in September of last year, I started buying (and showing off) some of the Series 19 LEGO Collectible Minifigures.  Since that post, I have managed to collect the entire Series 19 so let's take a look at the remaining minifigs that I haven't yet shown off.

Before we get to the figures, here's the full checklist:

Now, let's go in order (skipping over the figures I showed off back in September)...

We start off with the Shower Guy.

This fellow has his scrubbing brush and a green rubber duckie.  The towel cloth piece covers up his privates (which are actually covered up with printed bubbles on the leg piece).  The Shower Guy comes with two facial expressions, his "ack! I'm naked" look and a happier look for when he's relaxing in the tub undisturbed. 

For my money, this is the perfect sort of minifigure to feature in a Collectible Minifigure set.  It's humorous for sure but it can also be used in a variety of settings including my custom LEGO city that I'm always tinkering with!

Next up, the Monkey King.

I don't know the mythology behind the Monkey King so I can only judge it for the minifigure it is.  For me, this is one of the least interesting figures in the set but again, it's because I don't know anything about the mythology.  I will say that I like the fact that LEGO is dipping into different cultures for inspiration and that not every figure will appeal to every person (for me, I happen to love the Greek inspired minifigs but other people may not care for those). 

The Programmer is next.

For as little as the Monkey King appeals to me, the opposite is true for the Programmer.  I LOVE this minfig so much!  It also arrives at a perfect time because I'll be teaching my own robotics programming class (using LEGO no less) during Fall 2020!  Perhaps a swap of the head and hair and can make a minifigure more in my likeness.  Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how cute (and simple) that little robot is.

Looking next at the Mummy Queen:

Another minifigure inspired by a particular culture.  LEGO has dipped into the Egyptian-inspired well a number of times but I'm pretty much always a sucker for anything Egyptian (or Greek or Roman)!  I like the gold scorpion as well on this one.

And finally, since this was a lot of photos for a single post, the Fire Fighter.

There's nothing ostensibly wrong with this figure but I have to admit that it's super disappointing that LEGO thought to put a fire fighter (one of the most common of all LEGO City figures) in this particular Collectible Minifigure set.  Of all the figures (including the aforementioned Monkey King), I think the Fire Fighter is my least-liked figure, only because it doesn't offer up anything new or particular intersesting. 

I'll try to be be sure and get the last of my review of Series 19 up on the blog before too long.  Heck, Series 20 is about to be released so I probably ought to tie up the loose ends on Series 19 ASAP!

Comments

  1. Shower guy is definitely my favorite from this post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment