The Kitchen Mantle - #02: Classic Space Makes a Comeback!

After the success of a winter themed mantle for January, I decided to bust out my childhood Ice Planet space sets for February.  Unfortunately, I only owned a few of the smaller Ice Planet sets and so I filled up the rest of the mantle with some of my other classic space sets from back when I was a kid.

Needless to say, my son loved the space ships as much as I did when I was kid!  He spent countless hours saying "pew pew" as he played with the rockets, robots, and cars. 

I even made him a small cave with an Alien Queen for the different space factions to fight against (or for?).  The Alien Queen as well as the "classic" Alien are both from various Collectible Minifigure series.  It's kind of fun to raid my minifigure shelf when looking for characters to fill out a given scene!

I have to admit, it was a lot of fun rebuilding all of my old space sets...sure brought back a lot of great memories.  I can only hope by doing things like this for my son that I'm helping him build up his own memory bank full of great times!

Comments

  1. Awesome stuff as usual. I guarantee if my dad did this for me, my memory bank would be filled with great times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's certainly the hope on my end. It's a lot of fun to watch him play with some of the little spaceships too. Makes my day, for sure!

      Delete
  2. I found this a very useful article about moc lego, I hope you have more articles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not live without moc lego, It's like a gift from God

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment