Minifigure Museum: Aztec Warrior (Series 7)

Today, we are going back to the Aztec Warrior from the LEGO Collectible Minifigure line (Series 7).  The Aztec Warrior is one of sixteen different figures from Series 7 and it's definitely one of the most unique minifigs that I have in my personal collection!


For starters, the Aztec Warrior is heavy on pearl gold accessories.  


You get a pear gold spear, a pearl gold (printed) shield, and an awesome pearl gold headpiece (also printed).  The Aztec Warrior also has some great printing on both the torso and legs section (the only bad thing is that the head is single-sided).  


The Series 7 checklist is as follows:


In Series 7, the minifigures were inserted at varying rates (basically common, uncommon, or rare) within the box.

The common figures (5 per box) are:  Galaxy Patrol, Jungle Boy, and Evil Knight
The uncommon figures (4 per box) are:  Bagpiper, Daredevil, Tennis Ace, Hippie, Computer Programmer, Valkyrie
The rare figures (3 per box) are:  Swimming Champion, Aztec Warrior, Bunny Suit Guy, Rocker Girl, Grandma Visitor, Bride, Ocean King

As you can see from the above list, the Aztec Warrior is a tough one to find in a box with only three copies.  That being said, if you are trying to feel blind packs looking for the Aztec Warrior, he's rather easy to find (locate the long, skinny spear and the large headpiece - make sure the long skinny piece is in fact the spear and not the Ocean King's trident and you should be good to go).


For my money, I think Series 7 of the Collectible Minifigure line is one of the strongest sets to date.  I love almost all of the minifigures in this set - and I'm pleased to report that this is one of the Series that I actually have complete in my own collection!


For even more proof of how much I like Series 7 overall, I've now completed six Minifigure Museum posts dedicated to Series 7 minifigs!  I have fun trying to fit each minifigure into some sort of LEGO-built display (luckily for me I had this nice temple built from awhile back for the Aztec Warrior to explore).  I invite you to check out any of my previous Minifigure Museum posts...and be sure to subscribe to the blog for more LEGO goodies in the future (including an update on my progress on my custom LEGO Jurassic Park display in the not-so-distant future)!

Comments

  1. Sweet figure. Love the display too. Has Lego ever made an Aztec temple before? If not, they should.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment