The Kitchen Mantle - #04: Take a Walk on the Boardwalk

My third kitchen mantle LEGO set-up for my son to look at (and play with) focused entirely on fire trucks.  However, as anyone with kids will tell you, toddlers interests vary almost daily and it didn't take long for him to switch from being interested in fire trucks to being interested in wind mills (we have a lot of wind mills in our area in case you thought that was sort of a weird thing for an almost-two-year-old to be into).

Couple his love of wind mills with my cabin fever (this was before the coronavirus lock-down, it was just me being sick of winter) and I decided to go with a boardwalk/amusement park theme complete with a wind mill to power the entire operation.

Needless to say, my son loved it (the wind mill is motorized and it has lights which makes it extra fun for my son).

Besides the wind turbine, my son loved playing with the pirate themed roller coaster.  That's actually a Creator 3-in-1 set by LEGO and I have to admit, it's pretty sweet for an adult to play with too!

The other highlight of that particular set-up was the UFO ride (another 3-in-1 Creator set).  My son was definitely too young to truly appreciate the humor of the set (one of the "cars" on the ride is actually a cow being beamed up by the UFO).  Still, he thought it was funny to sit guys on the cow so I guess that particular humor does kind of transcend generations.

As I've been trying to do, the amusement park has already been taken down and replaced with something a bit more seasonal if you will:  an Easter display - or at least as much of one as I could put together given my almost zero Easter sets that I own.

You may also notice that there is a random "matchbox" car sitting on the mantle as well.  What can I say?  Little boys like their toys, they don't seem to care if they actually "go together" or not...so cars and LEGO it is!  After all, this is all to make him happy!

Comments

  1. Another awesome display! That windmill is massive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that windmill definitely is the show-stopper!

      Delete

Post a Comment